Thank you for visiting the website of Bill Rapp, author of the “Suburban Detective” series featuring Bill Habermann and set outside Chicago, and the “Cold War Thriller” series. The first book, Tears of Innocence, takes place in Berlin in the months immediately following the end of the war and features a young American military intelligence officer, Karl Baier. The second novel, The Hapsburg Variation, which was released at the end of 2017 under the Coffeetown Press label, takes the story forward to 1955 Vienna, where Baier is now the deputy chief of station for the CIA. Keeping with the Berlin theme, Bill also wrote Berlin Breakdown, a novel set during the fall of the Wall, an event Bill experienced first-hand while serving at the U.S. Mission Berlin from 1989 tom 1991.
Please feel free to explore further to learn more about the books and upcoming events.
Bill Rapp’s newest book, The Budapest Escape, will be available for purchase on
November 12, 2019
- Bouchercon: The World Mystery Convention – October 31 – November 3, 2019
- Northern VA Christmas Market – November 8-10, 2019
- The Budapest Escape available for purchase – November 12, 2019
- Centuries & Sleuths Bookstore – November 30, 2019
- The 30th Annual Meet the Author Night & Book Fair at the University Club of Washington, DC – December 4, 2019
- The Book Market at Hangar One – December 14, 2019
Check out our Events page for more details!